Dorset LEP is a business led private and public sector partnership that aims to promote local economic growth and prosperity. It operates to drive long term, strategic investment, which it enables through cross sector working and partnership.
The core aims of the LEP are to:
- Create more jobs
- Aid the up-skilling of Dorset’s workforce
- Drive long term growth of the local economy
- Support housing provisions
It achieves these aims by
- Supporting a more connected Dorset through the improvement of both physical and digital infrastructure.
- Helping to create a culture of enterprise and the improvement of employability skills, by working with schools, colleges, universities and employers to develop an enterprise friendly curriculum.
- Supporting Dorset businesses through various initiatives such as the Dorset Growth Hub, to make sure businesses grow and Dorset is a stronger attraction for investment and growth.
- Ensuring that through strategic cross sector dialogue, key mechanisms that better support housing provisions are put in place for Dorset.
Governance and TransparencyDorset LEP is committed to performing good governance; it has systems and processes in place to ensure the overall direction, efficiency, regulation and accountability of the organisation. This includes communicating with local stakeholders in an effective and transparent manner. To achieve this goal, all key information relating to the operation of the DLEP Board is available within the Governance section.
How we do this:
The LEP strategically bids for, implements and invests government funding into different industry sectors across Dorset, with a view to enable investment from the private sector to meet our stated aims.
You can view our local delivery on the Local Delivery page.
To keep up to date with what Dorset LEP is up to, please subscribe to our newsletter.