Growing Places Fund
The Dorset LEP Growing Places Fund has been provided with £9.7m from central government as a revolving loan scheme to support housing and job creation in Dorset.
The Growing Places Fund is a repayable loan that encourages local economic growth in Dorset. The Fund is designed to unlock capital projects which have a significant economic impact and the potential for job and home creation and can quickly deliver tangible economic outcomes.
The Fund may also be used where businesses are unable to access alternative funding mechanisms for viable schemes that will deliver economic growth and support Dorset LEP’s strategic objectives.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR INTERST
Currently the Growing Places Fund is fully allocated to projects. However, if you would like to register your interest to be considered for future funding, please contact us on the address below, or send us your expression of interest.
Dorset LEP welcomes expressions of interest for GPF loans from a range of private sector businesses and public sector organisations operating in Dorset. All projects must meet all the following criteria:
• The investment is capital, not revenue
• 100% of the loan will be repaid within maximum 5 years from the award date
• The minimum loan amount is £250,000
• The investment is State Aid compliant
• The project delivers benefits within the Dorset County area
• The scheme will contribute towards the strategic priorities of Dorset LEP
Businesses that are interested to learn more about the Fund should contact:
Programmes Manager, Growing Places Fund
T: 07925 891380
To date Growing Places Fund has been allocated to:
- Alder Hills – Centre for Social Enterprise Excellence in Poole 'The Factory'
- Bionanovate Ltd., Poole
- Boscombe Regeneration, Bournemouth
- Castle Court, Osprey Quay, Portland
- Cobham Gate, Ferndown, Dorset
- Field International Ltd., Poole
- Hamworthy – Transport Smarter Choices, Poole
- North Dorset Business Park, Sturminster Newton, Dorset
- Ultrafast Broadband
The Growing Places Fund Steering Group
The Growing Places Fund Steering Group has been established to consider and manage the application of the Growing Places Fund in Dorset (covering the Dorset LEP area including Bournemouth and Poole).
Growing Place Fund Steering Group Terms of Reference
Steering Group Chair: Sara Uzzell