Dorset Tourism Association
Dorset Tourism Association: Delivering for the Tourism Trade across Dorset
Established in 2016, the purpose of the Dorset Tourism Association (DTA) is to promote, market and develop tourism in Dorset.
Tourism is a strategic sector for Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership (Dorset LEP).
Dorset Tourism Association is a ‘free to join’ membership organisation working with tourism trade membership associations, partnerships and individual businesses.
To promote trade and commerce in tourism, and improve the overall awareness, effectiveness and quality of tourism provision, in Dorset for and to the benefit of the members, Dorset’s residents, tourists and visitors.
The Dorset Tourism Association is:
- Representing and communicating with tourism trade members across Dorset using website, annual conference, e-newsletter, social media and PR.
- Gathering intelligence (e.g. research, data, case studies, trend information) for market and visitor analysis.
- Understanding changes in tourism trends, economic or other factors (e.g. technology and connectivity) and how these impact Dorset tourism businesses. Supporting initiatives that maximise the opportunity for Dorset tourism.
- Lobbying and helping with co-ordination of activities to maximise grant making and other funding opportunities.
- Encouraging close working and co-operation between all the Destination Management Organisations, economic development teams in the local authorities and the tourism trade throughout Dorset.
- Providing a link into Dorset LEP and other public sector bodies as well as a point of coordination for other organisations in Dorset.
Dorset Tourism Association – Governance
Dorset Tourism Association Board was established to promote, market and develop tourism in Dorset. Our objective is to promote trade and commerce in tourism, and improve the overall awareness, effectiveness and quality of tourism provision in Dorset for and to the benefit of the members, Dorset’s residents, tourists and visitors. The Dorset Tourism Association is established as an independent organisation. The formal legal status of the Dorset Tourism Association is Community Interest Company Limited by Guarantee.
The Dorset Tourism Association Board is Chaired by Richard Smith, Director, The Tank Museum and Dorset LEP board member. The membership of this group can be viewed here. Terms of Reference for the group can be found here.
Dorset Tourism Association is a ‘free to join’ membership organisation working with the tourism trade membership associations and partnerships in Dorset. Any Dorset tourism business or organisation is welcome to join the DTA, either as an individual business or as part of a group or association.
- Chair: Tank Museum / DLEP board member - Richard Smith
- Chair of Bournemouth & Poole Tourism - Andy Woodland
- DLEP Board Vice Chair - Sara Uzzell
- West Dorset Leisure Holidays - Martin Cox
- Dorset AONB & Dorset Food & Drink - Katharine Wright
- Merlin Entertainments - Tamsin Mutton-Mcknight
- Bournemouth and Poole Tourism - Graham Richardson
- Arts Development Company - Jacky Thorne
- Saffery Champness - Nicky Forster
- World Heritage / Best of Dorset - Tim Batty
- Administration & support: Paula Hardy
Annual conference for members
The first conference of the DTA was on Tuesday 28 March 2017 at Kingston Maurward College, an overview of the event is available here.
Dorset Tourism Association Networking Event
Kick start to the festive period with a free networking event on Monday 19th November hosted by Dorset Tourism Association. Click here to find out more and secure your place.
Dorset Holiday Visitors
Click here to see the Market Characteristics of Dorset Holiday Visitors.