Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW)
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Dorset. They provide recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy. Weymouth College is part of Serco’s network of expert organisations chosen to deliver the SSW programme in partnership with Dorset LEP.
SSW is co-financed by the European Social Fund and the Education and Skills Funding Agency so there is no cost to the business.
Benefits for your employees and business
- Training is tailored to the specific needs of your business
- Can be more cost-effective than hiring skilled employees
- Increases employee confidence, motivation and productivity
- Improves employee loyalty and retention by making them feel valued
- Fully-flexible training; pick full qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
- On-the-job vocational training to meet individual needs; including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning.
- Fully funded training – no cost to your business or employees