Dorset Growth Deal
Government provides local growth funding via Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) in England for projects that benefit the local area and economy. A total of £98.5 million has been secured by Dorset LEP in Growth Deals for Dorset.
Dorset Growth Deals bring together a mix of local, national and private funding as well as new freedoms and flexibilities to focus on:
- Enabling growth in key housing and employment sites
- Creating the right conditions for economic growth
- Supporting Dorset businesses
- Growing the Dorset skills base
Dorset Growth Deal funding has been allocated to a number of projects that will help transform the county through better transport, infrastructure, more housing, and more highly skilled jobs for all in Dorset.
- Arts University Bournemouth Innovation Centre
- Bournemouth and Poole College: Engineering & Manufacturing Project
- Bournemouth and Poole College: Financial & Business Services Project
- Bournemouth International Growth (BIG) Programme
- Bournemouth University Business Park
- Dorset Innovation Park – Quadrant
- Former Power Station (Holes Bay)
- Gillingham Access to Growth
- Kingston Maurward College – AgriTech Project
- Lansdowne Business District
- Literary and Scientific Institute, Bridport
- Mary Anning Wing, Lyme Regis
- MEMO – ‘The Journey’
- Orthopaedic Research Institute Phase 1 & 2
- Port of Poole Infrastructure
- Shire Hall, Dorchester
- Swanage Pier
- Wallisdown Connectivity
- Western Growth Corridor
Achievements to date
Local Growth Deals are designed to enable LEPS to better serve their local economy.
The £98.5m Dorset Growth Deal programme expects to bring in £1.148 billion private investment to Dorset, along with 31,800 new and safeguarded jobs, and 5,800 new homes.
By the end of March 2017 a total of £34.4 million was spent across 16 projects in the local economy, delivering 1,164 new jobs, 367 new homes and £254.3 million of additional local investment for Dorset. The funding also helped to train 1,882 students and apprentices. For further Dorset LEP Achievements see our Annual Report on our reporting page.