The benefits of apprenticeships and traineeships are becoming increasingly obvious to more and more businesses. It’s a fact that apprenticeships develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce. Businesses that offer apprenticeships view them as beneficial to their long-term development. According to the British Chambers of Commerce, most employ an apprentice to improve the skills base within their business.
As part of National Apprenticeship Week 2018 Dorset LEP delivered two videos in partnership with Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) and Skills Funding Agency (SFA) highlighting the benefits to Dorset businesses and apprentices.
Further information about Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship funding: how it will work – information on apprenticeship funding, including the apprenticeship levy and the online apprenticeship service.
- Pay Apprenticeship Levy - when you have to pay apprenticeship levy and how to report your payments.
- Apprenticeship Levy Manual – this manual is a guide to the apprenticeship levy and published by HMRC.
- Apprenticeship funding: how it will work - how apprenticeship funding will affect employers from May 2017, including the apprenticeship levy and the online apprenticeship service.
- Apprenticeship standards – the approved apprenticeship standards developed by employers.
Apprenticeship Training Agency
Apprenticeship training agencies (ATAs) recruit, employ and arrange training for apprentices on behalf of employers.
- To find out more about ATAs and the ATA framework go to the ATA web page.
Transferring unused apprenticeship funds to other employers