Dorset LEP is a Community Interest Company. Our overarching aim is to create more jobs and drive economic growth in Dorset through public, private and cross sector partnership and investment.
Dorset LEP strives to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information in accordance with data protection law.
This privacy notice sets out how we handle your personal data and how we comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How we collect information
In order to fulfil our role as a driver of local economic development, Dorset LEP may collect data from you in the following ways:
- Via our “Contact us” form (managed through our website)
- E-newsletter submission form (managed through Mailchimp)
- Event or workshop form (often managed through Eventbrite)
- Project request forms
- Calls for Tenders
- Job applications
- Business survey or market research
- Social media (managed through our social media sites)
- Anonymous cookie information
- All other contact (i.e. through direct contact with team members)
Types of information we collect
The type of information we collect will vary from time to time and will be determined by the purpose the data is being collected for. You will be made aware which information Dorset LEP is collecting at the time. This may include:
- Job title
- Email address
- Contact telephone number (business, mobile or home)
- Nature of Business
- Organisation address / home address
- Social media accounts
- Equal opportunities information
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- IP address, location and browser detail
- Conflicts of Interests
- Project information (including commercially sensitive information)
- Finance information
- Other information relevant to business surveys and or/services
Customer Relationship Management
Dorset LEP uses a customer relationship management (CRM) platform. The CRM helps us manage our engagement activities with businesses, local authorities, government organisations and private partners.
Read below to understand how we store and use your data in our CRM platform.
The data we collect
Through the CRM Dorset LEP collects:
- the name of your organisation including your parent department or organisation, if applicable
- your organisation’s type, address, site, website and number of employees
- your name, role and contact details, such as email address and phone number
- your IP address (if you interact directly with our CRM)
- details of meetings, phone calls, emails, agendas, outcomes, actions, minutes and other documents
- questions, comments, queries or feedback from engagement activities
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers within Europe.
The CRM platform is password protected and only accessed by Dorset LEP members of staff with a username. From time to time, the technical support staff of our CRM platform supplier (Tractivity Ltd) may access your data. We have strict controls over how, why and when they can do this. Any access will only be done on our instruction and under contract.
How long we keep your data
We keep your data for as long as we are engaged with you and your organisation.
We regularly review the data we hold to ensure that it’s accurate. Once an engagement closes, or when we no longer need that data, we will remove it from our CRM platform.
Backups of our CRM platform data are automatically deleted after one month.
Your permission or option to opt-in and opt-out
The data we collect will not be resold or used for commercial marketing purposes.
Please note that the Accountable Body for Dorset LEP is Dorset County Council. In line with this, information may be shared with Dorset County Council and Bournemouth University in order to enable the discharge of the LEPs responsibilities. A copy of Dorset County Council Data Protection privacy notice is available here: https://www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/footer/privacy-and-cookies-policy.aspx
Dorset LEP does not share your information with anyone outside of these organisations, however, our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites which may be of interest to you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
What are your rights?
We would like to send you e-updates on Dorset LEP activities which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you will be given the option to opt out at any time.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you. If you no longer wish to be contacted, please email email@example.com and we will remove you from any mailing lists.
You can request your information from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.