Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch Still Open for Business with A338 Works
The A338 road works are in their fourth month of implementation, with phase one of the overall reconstruction almost complete.With the Christmas rush ahead of us, we’ve put together some tips to help you get around.
1. Dorset is still open for business – just plan ahead
Don’t worry, the surrounding areas of the works are still very much open for business and with a little planning ahead for your journey, you can still ensure that your shopping is done on time and the family can arrive ready for the Christmas festivities.
2. Know where to go for travel information
Dorset County Council has set up a number of initiatives to help you cope with the disruption and delivery of the works:
- Planning ahead help can be found here: https://www.dorsetforyou.com/A338-plan-ahead
- Follow the Dorset for You blog for continuous A338 updates: http://news.dorsetforyou.com/bournemouth-spur-road/
- You can also follow @TravelDorset on Twitter for the very latest traffic news regarding the A338 and surrounding areas: http://www.twitter.com/traveldorset
- Background to the implementation of the works can be found here: http://www.dorsetforyou.com/bournemouth-spur-road
3. Securing Dorset’s economic future
The works are short term pain for long term gain and are essential to make Dorset’s infrastructure safer and fit for business supply and demand. They are ultimately part of a Dorset wide programme that will unlock and deliver more jobs, housing, and economic growth. So whilst you plan ahead for your journey, we will continue to work for a better, long term future for your business, family and communities.
Find out more about how Dorset LEP supports the delivery of local economic growth in our Local Delivery section here.
All the traffic management was put out last night with the road closure no longer needed for tonight (Tuesday 5 January).
Although traffic was lighter than expected today, please continue to allow extra time for your journeys to ensure you get to your destination on time.