Enterprise Zone Governance
The Enterprise Zone Management Board (referred to as the Board) has been established to provide strategic management of Dorset Innovation Park Enterprise Zone.
The Enterprise Zone Management Board is responsible for:
- Developing the Implementation Plan for Submission to the Dorset LEP Board;
- Ensuring coordination of the Implementation Plan and Business Cases;
- Supporting and monitoring the effective implementation of the Implementation Plan and Business Cases by the Enterprise Zone Project Group;
- Receiving and reviewing progress and budget reports from the Enterprise Zone Project Group, monitoring delivery;
- Resolving, mitigating or escalating high level risks and conflicts that cannot be addressed by the Enterprise Zone Project Group;
- Working closely with all Dorset LEP subgroups to ensure the delivery of Dorset LEP priorities where this can be achieved without detriment to the delivery of the Dorset Innovation Park Enterprise Zone; where there is a conflict this should be referred to the LEP Board;
- Reporting delivery progress and business rate income to the DLEP Board at each Board meeting;
- Receiving and approving briefing reports where required.
Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership Board member (Chair) – John Sutcliffe
Strategic Partner, Dorset County Council Executive member for both is
Strategic Partner, Purbeck District Council Councillor Cherry Brooks
Landowner, Dorset County Council – Peter Scarlett
Dorset Innovation Park business representatives – Graham Attwood and John Savage
BEIS Government department representative – Alex Crook
Enterprise Zone Management Board Terms of Reference click here
Enterprise Zone Project Group
The Enterprise Zone Project Group is responsible for the day-to-day management decisions necessary for the delivery of Dorset Innovation Park, including:
- Developing, delivering and monitoring the Implementation Plan on behalf of the Enterprise Zone Management Board and Dorset LEP Board;
- Guiding and directing the key work streams and projects, including commissioning contractors;
- Maintaining progress against agreed targets and take corrective action;
- Reporting on delivery
- Ensuring high quality estate management
- Maximising the benefits of Dorset Innovation Park and securing any additional funding sources.
Dorset County Council Officers x 2 – David Walsh and Helen Heanes
Purbeck District Council Officers x2 – Richard Wilson and Alex Clothier
Other officers as appropriate
For more information about Dorset Innovation Park Enterprise Zone click here
For more information about Enterprise Zones visit the national website.