Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership has secured a total of £98.5 million through the Government's Local Growth Fund for projects that benefit the local area and economy. Dorset Growth Deals bring together a mix of local, national and private funding as well as new freedoms and flexibilities to focus on:
- Enabling growth in key housing and employment sites
- Creating the right conditions for economic growth
- Supporting Dorset businesses
- Growing the Dorset skills base
The £98.5m Dorset Growth Deal programme expects to deliver the following:
- £1.148 billion private investment to Dorset
- Up to 31,800 new and safeguarded jobs
- Up to 5,800 new homes.
Dorset Growth Deal funding has been allocated to a number of projects that will help transform the county through better transport, infrastructure, more housing, and more highly skilled jobs for all in Dorset.
- AgriTech Centre - Kingston Maurward College COMPLETED
- Bournemouth International Growth (BIG) Programme
- Eden Portland
- Engineering & Manufacturing Project - Bournemouth and Poole College COMPLETED
- Financial & Business Services Project - Bournemouth and Poole College COMPLETED
- Former Power Station (Holes Bay)
- Gillingham Access to Growth
- Innovation Studio - Arts University Bournemouth
- Institute of Medical Imaging and Visulisation - Bournemouth University
- Jurassica COMPLETED
- Lansdowne Business District
- Literary and Scientific Institute, Bridport COMPLETED
- Mary Anning Wing, Lyme Regis COMPLETED
- Orthopaedic Research Institute Phase 1 & 2
- Port of Poole Infrastructure
- Quadrant - Dorset Innovation Park COMPLETED
- Shire Hall, Dorchester COMPLETED
- Swanage Pier
- Wallisdown Connectivity
- Western Growth Corridor COMPLETED
Achievements to date
By the end of March 2017 a total of £34.4 million was spent across 16 projects in the local economy, delivering 1,164 new jobs, 367 new homes and £254.3 million of additional local investment for Dorset. The funding also helped to train 1,882 students and apprentices.
For further Dorset LEP Achievements see our Annual Report on our reporting page.