Gillingham Access to Growth
Gillingham Access to Growth, Gillingham
Start Date:01/12/2018 End Date:31/03/2021
Growth Deal funding up to £3,450,000
Allocated to Dorset County Council
Project Summary - Transport infrastructure improvements to support the housing and employment urban extension of Gillingham.
Local Growth Funding has been allocated to deliver a package of transport improvement schemes within Gillingham town centre which are most directly related to unlocking and delivering the development of 1,350 homes and 1,250 jobs.
The infrastructure works include:
- Shaftesbury Road/New Road junction improvement
- Newbury/Le Neuborg Way junction improvement
- SCOOT installation on 5 junctions along the B3081/B3092 corridor
- Sustainable transport improvements – walking, cycling links between the development, station, town centre
- The Enmore Green Link Road could be designed up and made ready for submission to other government bidding opportunities
- No. of housing unit starts: 1,800
- No. of housing units completed: 1,800
- Unlocked employment land (Hectares): 9
- No. of permanent, paid full time equivalent jobs: 2,500
Dorset LEP Board signed off the Full Business Case in September 2018 and the funding agreement was subsequently signed in December 2018. Construction is due to start in 2019/20.
Martina Hanulova, Programme Manager