Start Date: April 2016 End Date: June 2017
£307k allocated to Hatch Pond, PROJECT COMPLETED work covered:
- Improve crossing facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Provide a shared pedestrian/cycle lane
- Improve reliability of journey times
- Increase capacity/reduce congestion
- Provide safer routes to businesses/Port
These projects contribute to the wider Port of Poole outcomes.
The Hatch Pond Junction scheme is an integral part of the wider Port of Poole programme. It complements the ‘Conurbation-wide key junction improvements’ action outlined in the Major Transport proposals (Addressing barriers to growth) section in the Transforming Dorset: Strategic Economic Plan
Following a recommendation at the BoP Transportation Advisory Group in December 2014, the junction improvement works at Hatch Pond were approved by the Transport PFH as part of the wider 2015-18 LTP capital programme. Detailed designs for the scheme were then approved by Ward members with works being completed in November 2016.