Overseas Inward Investment
If you require assistance in setting up your business in Dorset from overseas the Invest in Dorset team works hand in hand with the Department for International Trade (DIT) to encourage overseas businesses to invest in Dorset.
Invest in Dorset and DIT offers free support and independent advice to foreign companies looking to invest or locate in the UK. Invest in Dorset can provide market information, location guidance and practical help getting your UK operation up and running in Dorset. Once you are established, they will still be available for assistance, helping you grow and access export markets from your UK base.
We can introduce you to the right person at DIT or you can contact them direct via their website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade
Recruiting the right people is a vital component in any successful relocation, whatever the nature of your business. Employers have access to a skilled and well qualified workforce with labour rates below the national average.
We can help with:
- Labour market information
- Introduction to our recruitment partners
- Training and ongoing development
European Direct Information Centre
The EDIC assists companies in developing their business in the EU. They work with 600 partners in over 40 countries to deliver business and technology opportunities to small business in the EU. They offer a range of services that can benefit businesses of any size from one person upwards. The European Direct Information Centre is operated by WSX Enterprise in both Poole, Dorset and Fareham, Hampshire.
There is industry specific support available for each of our key sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering
- Creative Industries
- Environmental Goods & Services
- Financial Services
Each centre has its own advisor to assist with any queries. Some examples of topics they can help with are:
- How the EU works and its policies
- How the EU affects the UK
- Living, working and travelling in the EU
- Climate change and the environment in the EU
- Anything else you would like to know about the EU
- Free publications, brochures and guides on all aspects of the EU
- Free computer access to view the EU websites
- For further information please visit WSX Enterprise.