China E-Commerce Workshop
China E-Commerce Workshop with the Royal Mail TMall (Bristol)
China’s e-commerce is forecast to reach $1 trillion of worth by 2018. Ninety percent of current e-commerce transactions are completed through online marketplaces.
Reaching out to 400 million Chinese online customers, the Royal Mail store on Tmall Global offers a fast track opportunity for realising the potential of this exciting market.
In partnership with the China-Britain Business Council and Barclays, Royal Mail invites you to join a 3-hour workshop on September 29th to learn and see how this practical market entry solution can work for British small- and medium-sized enterprises. There will be ample opportunity to speak with our e-commerce experts and meet representatives from companies already benefitting from their sales through cross border e-commerce.
Who should attend?
You should attend if you
• are an SME looking at the Chinese market
• have a branded food and drink, lifestyle or fashion UK product ready for export
• would like to find out what the real opportunity is and how you could benefit from it
Speakers will include representatives of the China-Britain Business Council, Royal Mail’s Tmall e-commerce specialists and Barclays.
The agenda will include:
• An overview of the Chinese e-commerce market and an explanation of the channels
• An overview of the Royal Mail Tmall Store on Tmall Global
• A exploratory dive into why the Chinese buy British?
• A practical how-to guide on marketing and promotion in China for British brands
• An outline of some of the challenges international businesses face in China and advice on avoiding them (including tax, customs & IP issues)
After the seminar finishes there will be a light networking lunch, and a full agenda will be available online in due course.
Date: Start date: 29/09/2016 09:30 - 13:00
Venue: Barclays Bristol Office, Barclays, Newbrick Road, Bristol, BS34 8YU
Register online here.